[Mailman-Users] RELEASED: Mailman 3.0 alpha 7

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:15:52 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 00:31, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:

> I am very happy to announce the release of the seventh alpha for Mailman
> 3.0,
> code named "Mission".  Here are some of the highlights of a release with
> lots
> of new stuff (a more detailed NEWS.txt file excerpt is below).
>
> * Significant improvements to the subscription model.  Users can now
> subscribe
>  to mailing lists with either an explicit address or a "preferred" address.
>  When a user changes her preferred address, all of her subscriptions
>  automatically track this change.  All this and more have also all been
>  exposed to the REST API.
> * New rules for member and non-member moderation.  This effectively ports
> and
>  updates Mailman 2's moderation rules to the Mailman 3 framework.
> * Support for SMTP AUTH added.
> * The default password encryption scheme can be defined in the
> configuration
>  file, and all passwords are by default encrypted (using SSHA1).
> * 'bin/mailman status' command added to provide command line status of the
>  master queue runner process.
> * 'bin/mailman info' now prints the REST API root url and credentials.
> * Basic Auth support for the REST API was added. (thanks Jimmy Bergman)
> * Python 2.7 is supported.
>
> I'm really excited about this release because it will provide a great
> baseline
> for our Google Summer of Code students.  If you've been putting off taking
> look at Mailman 3, I encourage you to download it and play with it.  My
> goal
> is for a final release on 11.11.11 so there will not be too many more
> alphas.
> Now is the best time to influence our design decisions.
>
> The tarball can be downloaded from Launchpad or the Cheeseshop:
>
>    https://launchpad.net/mailman
>    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mailman
>
> The full documentation is also online:

Great stride!

Now, on my FreeBSD 8.2 Server, I am eager to try this version out.

I am following the steps.

#bin/test -vv
[snip]
test_simple_wrap (mailman.utilities.tests.test_wrap.TestWrap)
 test_two_paragraphs (mailman.utilities.tests.test_wrap.TestWrap)
  Ran 134 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.581 seconds.
Tearing down left over layers:
  Tear down zope.testrunner.layer.UnitTests in 0.000 seconds.

Tests with errors:
   Layer: mailman.testing.layers.ConfigLayer
   Layer: mailman.testing.layers.SMTPLayer
   Layer: mailman.testing.layers.RESTLayer
Total: 134 tests, 0 failures, 3 errors in 0.831 seconds.

mail# bin/docs
building docs for mailman ---> sphinx-build -q -c
/usr/local/mailman-3.0.0a7/parts/docs/mailman
/usr/local/mailman-3.0.0a7/src/mailman /usr/local
/mailman-3.0.0a7/parts/docs/mailman/build/mailman

Extension error:
Could not import extension sphinxconf (exception: No module named
sphinxconf)
mail#

What might be missing?

--