[Mailman-Users] Two questions ref virtual hosts and mailman

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:30:01 CEST 2011

Question 1:
=========

Current situation:
------------------------

I have now pretty much a working solution for this situation (postfix
and mailman installed with Ubuntu packages on 64-bit 10.04 LTS (Lucid
Lynx) :

  1 server
  1 "real" domain: realdomain.com
  2 virtual domains: virtual-1.org
                            virtual-2.org

All are accessed successfully through SSL/TLS (https).

Desired situation:

  2 virtual domains: lists.virtual-1.org # this is my default domain for mailman
                            lists.virtual-2.org

BUT present the lists to the users as, say, info at virtual-1.org

I had some mixed success early on, but other problems intervened.  Now
that the other problems have been solved, I want to blow everything
away and start over but only if the "Desired situation" is feasible:

Question 2:
=========

Can I also do this on the real domain:

Create a new subdomain and mailing lists:

  lists.realdomain.com <= let postfix and mailman handle this as a
virtual domain

And also as desired for "Question 1,"

  BUT present the lists to the users as, say, news at realdomain.com

Best regards,