[Mailman-Users] Two questions ref virtual hosts and mailman [SOLVED (so far)]

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 23:18:16 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 14:55, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> On 8/5/2011 8:07 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
>
>> In my /etc/postfix/main.cf I have this:
>>   relay_domains = virtual-1.org, virtual-2.org
>

> I am not a Postfix expert, but I'll tell you what I think. If that
> doesn't solve the problem, you may need to go to a Postfix list.
>
> I know the postfix-to-mailman.py documentation says to put your list
> domains in relay_domains, but I think that's wrong. I don't think it
> normally hurts as long as you haven't specified relay_recipient_maps in
> main.cf, but if you have, then if your list domains are in
> relay_domains, all your list addresses need to be in
> relay_recipient_maps tables. That appears to be the source of your
> current problem.
>
> Bottom line: remove the above relay_domains entry.

Thanks, Mark, I'll try that--I have to say that the docs are somewhat
confusing--especially postfix...

Hm, didn't work--uncommented the change and experimenting a little...

Aha, I think all works now.  What I did was comment out this line in
/etc/postfix/main.cf:

#relay_recipient_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

After a postfix reload I'm reading foreing subscribers on the
list...and no errors noticed yet on  the real host.

Best regards, and thanks again for your help.

Happy mailing all!

-Tom