[Mailman-Users] Two questions ref virtual hosts andmailman[SOLVED (so far)]

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 02:41:29 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 18:23, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> Tom Browder wrote:
>>Hm, but now I'm having problems because when I reply
> Using what MUA?

>>to a message from
>>list posters it has their personal e-mail address in the header like
>>this example:
>>Billy Bob billy.bowlegs at gmail.com via virtual-1.org
>>I have my list configure so it is (by default) supposed to hide
>>personal addresses.
> Configured how? The list setting
> anonymous_list = Yes

No, this:

Show member addresses so they're not directly recognizable as email addresses?
(Details for obscure_addresses)   No Yes    <== [Yes selected]

***And this may be part of my understanding--this setting:

Where are replies to list messages directed? Poster is strongly
recommended for most mailing lists.  [it iset to POSTER]

I now see that that is what this list does--I'm not used to that on
other mailing lists.
I've looked at both arguments for "munging" reply-to and I agree with
the dissenter and will change the setting to THIS LIST.

Shouldn't that do the trick?

> What are the actual raw headers in the message you receive from the
> list?

This is what my gmail shows:

from	Jerry Pipinich jpipinich at yahoo.com via usafa-1965.org
sender-time	Sent at 17:31 (GMT-07:00). Current time there: 5:36 PM. ✆
to	graytags at usafa-1965.org
date	Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 17:31
subject	[Graytags] USAFA '65
mailing list	graytags.usafa-1965.org Filter messages from this mailing list
mailed-by	usafa-1965.org
unsubscribe	Unsubscribe from this mailing-list

I'll see if I can find the actual ones sent from my postfix host if
that's not good enough.