[Mailman-Users] mailman and drupal

Russell Clemings rclemings at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:18:29 CEST 2011

I have a Drupal site and a number of Mailman lists (cPanel flavor) on
the same server and would like to set things up so users can
subscribe/unsubscribe and manage their subscriptions via the Drupal
site.

There appears to be an appropriate set of Drupal modules for that:
http://drupal.org/project/mailman_manager
http://drupal.org/node/195527 (user mailman register)
http://drupal.org/project/mailman_groups (maybe)

Can anyone out there vouch for them, or warn me away from them, or
suggest a better alternative?

The main user complaint I want to deal with is the fact that they now
have separate logins and passwords for the two systems. I also want to
use Drupal organic groups as the list archives, which I think I can do
by having a Drupal mailhandler mailbox subscribed to the lists. Not
sure how I will restrict access to the archives, however. Advice
welcome on that too.