[Mailman-Users] Outgoing mail flow problem

Jack Barnes jbarnes at ccsuvt.org
Thu Aug 18 15:49:49 CEST 2011

I have setup mailman as our school districts list server.  For email, we use
Google and our domain is ccsuvt.org.  The listserv is a subdomain named
lists.ccsuvt.org.  The problem that we are experiencing is that outgoing
email is going to Google that returns a message that there is no user with
that name.

At the same time, if I am a member of the list, I can send a posting to the
list and all of the recipients receive it if they have an account with
Google no matter what the domain (xxxxx at ccsuvt.org or xxxxx at gmail.com.

I must be missing something but I can't figure out why outgoing mail is even
going to Google.  We are using Postfix so is it a setting in Postfix?  Is it
a setting in our Google account?

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Head Network Administrator
CCSU
jbarnes at ccsuvt.org
Office 802-857-7000
Ext. 1039
Cell 802-318-0976
Fax 802-879-8197

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments,
is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from the sender.
The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
and school district policies.
Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-857-7000 x1234
or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.
Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.