[Mailman-Users] Changes to CookHeaders.py stop working for SOME lists!?

Drew Tenenholz drew.tenenholz at isid.org
Mon Dec 5 16:22:07 CET 2011

Folks --

OS: Red Hat Linux
OS Version: RHEL 5.6
MailTransfer Agent (MTA): postfix
MTA Version: 2.3.3-2.1
Mailman Version: 2.1.9 release 6.el5 (yikes!)

Over a year ago, I added some code to CookHeaders.py to add a custom header of my choosing to all messages on all lists for this installation, and all was well.  Right now, some of the lists apply the custom header, and just a few (but more than one), do NOT.  I don't think that should even be possible, but it certainly is happening.

Any ideas on how this could be happening and how to fix it?

Additional information:  About a month ago, the custom header disappeared completely from everywhere, and when I looked at the files somehow CookHeaders.py had been reverted to an earlier state that did not contain my changes.  So, I overwrote that configuration with the backup of my version and ran /bin/restart.  Everything worked just fine on ALL lists for a couple of weeks, and then this strange problem came up.  I've checked CookHeaders.py, and it contains the desired changes.  I've since run /bin/restart and /bin/stop with /bin/start, but the problem persists.

I have complete sudo access to this virtual machine, so there should be no restrictions on what I can do; but I'm a novice when it come to linux usage.

Any help is appreciated,
Drew Tenenholz