[Mailman-Users] Deleting old msgs?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Dec 8 17:31:13 CET 2011

Hi Mark,

> You inspired me. I've created a script for pruning archives. See "NOTE
> ON PRUNING OLD MESSAGES:" in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2YA9>
> for links.

this script is very welcome, but I'm having trouble getting it to work:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/prune_arch -v -l test -d 1700 -n
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/prune_arch", line 190, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/prune_arch", line 142, in main
    except (IOError, mailbox.NoSuchMailboxError), e:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'NoSuchMailboxError'

The list exists. We're running Red Hat Enterprise Linux, which comes with
Python 2.4 ... I've seen that newer versions have that attribute. Mailman
2.1.14 officially supports Python 2.4, so perhaps the script should reflect
that?

Update: I noticed that there are so many dependencies on new features of
the mailbox module that it doesn't seem feasible to use Python 2.4. Do you
know what the minimum required Python version would be? I suggest you add
that info to the script.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.