[Mailman-Users] mimdefang and footers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 14 23:24:17 CET 2011

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

>I'm using the mimedefang method to fix the footer "problem" for Outlook
>users.  The attachments are gone, but now every message to our lists
>gets a footer with the text "MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG".
>
>I'm going to guess I've done something wrong.  Up until a few days ago,
>I'd never used mailman or mimedefang!  I followed this very useful post
>as my guide for the mimedefang part:
>http://markmail.org/message/vey67jto2ry45f4i#query:+page:1+mid:vey67jto2ry45f4i+state:results
>
>I'm using mailman 2.1.9  and mimedefang 2.70 on CentOS 5.

Both that post and our FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9> refer to
the document at
<http://stuff.mit.edu/~jik/software/mailman_mimedefang/mailman_mimedefang_fix_footer.pl.txt>.
Did you follow those instructions, particularly items 3, 4, 5 and 6
under Usage?

What is the exact contents of your list's msg_footer? It should be

MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
Text you want to append
to the bottom of your
list mail.
MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

Do you have the "MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG" line both at the beginning and at
the end of msg_footer. Do you see anything other than
"MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG" added to the posts?

Please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.