[Mailman-Users] mimdefang and footers

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Thu Dec 15 03:16:01 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 17:09 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> There are two footer settings, Non-digest options -> msg_footer and
> Digest options -> digest_footer. Are you making your changes to
> Non-digest options -> msg_footer? If this setting is empty, Mailman
> will not add any extra MIME part to individual messages.

I was making changes to the footer in non-digest options.

> Note that "empty" is not the same as "containing only whitespace" There
> may be spaces and/or newlines in the text box that you don't see. If
> msg_footer is truly empty, Mailman won't add a part for it to messages.

Understood.  I'm confident I made sure it was empty.  When I clicked in
the footer box, I could see the caret blinking on the first line at the
very beginning of it.  I took that to mean the footer was completely
empty.

> Maybe this time you actually emptied the setting.

It would appear so.  But, I swear it appeared empty the first time
around.

Tomorrow morning I'll find out if the Outlook users are still seeing the
attachment.  Hopefully they're not.

I really don't like having to bend over to appease them.  Stupid
Outlook!! :)

Thanks for all the help.  Much appreciated.

Regards,

Ranbir