[Mailman-Users] Log of rejected messages?

Rob McLear pennguin at mac.com
Sat Dec 31 21:16:21 CET 2011

Does mailman log posts which are automatically rejected (e.g. non-member posts)? I assumed that it would in the post log file, but I just tested it and my intentionally rejected submission does not appear in the log file.

I ask because on occasion a list member complains that their message was rejected inappropriately, and in fact they never sent it to the list, or they sent it to the wrong address, or they sent it from the wrong address, and it helps to be able to look at a log file and verify or refute their claim, particularly given that they almost invariably delete the rejection notice the instant it arrives.

Thanks,

-Rob