[Mailman-Users] A basic filtering MIME question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 3 20:06:20 CET 2011

yahoo <yahoo at 8es.com> wrote:

>I've been reading the FAQ's etc and asking local advice; but I must be
>doing something stoopid.
>
>MM2.1.3 under Linux, 2.6.18-164.el5

2.1.3? This is quite old. Current is 2.1.14.

>My goal is:
>
>a) Accept text/MIME/HTML message bodies, but deliver as text to subscribers
>& archives.
>
>b) /dev/null the attachments, both in delivery and archives.

filter_content - Yes
filter_mime_types - empty
pass_mime_types -
  multipart
  message/rfc822 (allows plain text and converted HTML from attached
                  messages. Remove to filter attached messages)
  text/plain
  text/html
filter_filename_extensions -
  exe bat cmd com pif scr vbs cpl
  (these are defaults - this setting doesn't exist in 2.1.3)
pass_filename_extensions - empty; default; this setting doesn't exist
  in 2.1.3)
collapse_alternatives - Yes (this setting doesn't exist in 2.1.3)
convert_html_to_plaintext - Yes