[Mailman-Users] Mailman/Sendmail not accepting email's

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 9 16:47:16 CET 2011

Llewellyn Curran wrote:

>I have to stay with sendmail due to my friends
>configuration at the moment. So I attempt to send my first mail, no joy, and
>I go to analyze my /var/log/maillog theres nothing there, so I login to
>telnet, and im able to send mail. So I throw TCPDump up using : tcpdump
>smtp, and send another mail from gmail. I see Gmail's mail server send the
>mail to the box, and then basically it disappears from there, no logs or
>anything? I've done around 8 hours of googling, and I still can't figure it
>out? Anyone?

Did you install the list aliases in /etc/aliases or wherever they go?

If the incoming message is not logged in any way by sendmail, it never
got to Mailman and this is a sendmail question, not a Mailman question.

The first question is if sendmail answers the SMTP connect and accepts
the mail, why is there nothing logged?

Just in case it is a Mailman issue, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.