[Mailman-Users] Content Filtering

Ruth Indeck soapbox at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 18:10:03 CET 2011

Just to add a little more -- I'm still experimenting:

When I remove the html coding and send my message as plain text, that annoying message, "The message's content type was not explicitly allowed", disappears.

And when I send the message as plain text, and include the attachments, the message comes out fine, and without the attachments (this is good -- I set Content Filtering to be on).

Question: Why doesn't Mailman convert the html to plaintext on its own?

The intro to Content Management says:

Finally, any text/html parts that are left in the message may be converted to text/plain if convert_html_to_plaintext <https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/admin/peoplesvoicecafe/contentfilter?VARHELP=contentfilter/convert_html_to_plaintext> is enabled and the site is configured to allow these conversions.

I have "convert to text/plain" enabled.

What does the second part mean? How do you configure your site to allow these conversions? Is it something a regular administrator could do, or is it something that the host site of my Mailman list has to do?