[Mailman-Users] Recovering from Server Fail, was FW: Make Install Fails

McNutt Jr, William R mcnutt at utk.edu
Thu Jan 20 20:26:08 CET 2011

Is this a fatal error for the ./configure step?
checking for --with-mailhost... no
checking for --with-urlhost... no
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "conftest.py", line 2, in <module>
    from socket import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 46, in <module>
    import _socket
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_socket.so: symbol inet_aton: referenced symbol not found
checking for default mail host name... Can't open conftest.out

checking for default URL host component... Can't open conftest.out

checking for strerror... (cached) yes