[Mailman-Users] Attachment size limit (or max_message_size)

Scott Race scott at 916networks.com
Thu Jan 20 23:12:15 CET 2011

A few final questions to figure this out:

1.  Has this always been the design?  The client seems to think that on his old server the message would get kicked back before hitting the moderation queue. If so that's cool, just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

2.  To make sure I understand - if we were to use GLOBAL_PIPELINE directives in mm_cfg.py to re-order, would that mean that email addresses not signed up and confirmed as members would be able to send to the list and have it go into the modertor's queue?

3.  With a list of thousands of users, a 6MB attachment would kill our bandwidth if it went out.  If we must moderate, is there any other solution other than the moderator looking at each email and deciding to kick it back due to size?  Postfix limiting (ungraceful, I know)?

Thanks!
Scott