[Mailman-Users] image filtering

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 27 02:48:27 CET 2011

Troy Knabe wrote:

>A user just sent a message to a list, and the inline image was removed.  Under "Content filtering" I have "Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings below?"  and No is checked.
>
>Where else  should I be looking?

First, look at the headers to see if there is a

header indicating Mailman filtered the content. If filter_content is
No, there should not be one.

Is the list's Non-digest options -> scrub_nondigest set to Yes. If so,
all non-plain-text parts will be stored aside and replaced by links to
the part content, but if this were the reason, there would have been a
link to the content in the message.

Other possibilities include "the user didn't remember to attach the
image" and "some MTA/MDA between the user and Mailman or between
Mailman and you removed it".