[Mailman-Users] moving mailman to another server

myron kowalskM at cs.moravian.edu
Thu Jul 28 17:19:28 CEST 2011

On Jul 28, 2011, at 9:23 AM, Ulf Dunkel wrote:

> Hi Myron.
>
> ~mailman/bin/check_perms  is your friend, really.

Mark was right about the owner:group setting. Looks like I was
combining fact with fiction.
I was making a lot of assumptions about what's on my system. Easy when
you're not familiar with
the OS.

I think it's working now. When I run bin/check_perms I get 10 listed
problems--all links.
I looked at some of the links and they are right. I assume the rest
are too.

However, when I create a newlist, it is made with the same wrong
permissions, but running
bin/check_perms doesn't report it. So, I'm guessing that all I need to
do is set www-data:list
on the list whenever I create a new list.