[Mailman-Users] Migration to new server

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Thu Jun 16 17:45:41 CEST 2011

On 6/16/2011 11:35 AM, William Ashworth wrote:
> Currently, a client of mine has a mailman list running since 2006 on a server with a company they no longer do business with. We're wanting to consolidate resources for their organization and migrate them to a cPanel web host that supports mailman.
>
> Is there any concern about mailman versions between servers or anything else I might not be thinking of? What's the best way to go about moving them to another server supporting mailman?
>
> I can say with fair certainty that we don't have root access to the old server, so I'm not sure what needs to be planned for during a migration between service providers. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Will Ashworth

Hi Will:

We are a cpanel host that specializes in Mailman hosting. We have
clients all the time migrating to our services from various different
servers and versions and to date we have had no problems in moving them.
All we ask for is the mbox file that governs their archives and the list
configuration files that make up their list.

In case you haven't made a firm decision, I recommend checking us out at
http://www.mailmanhost.com. When choosing any cpanel host that supports
mailman, make sure that they are actually willing to support mailman AND
that they are not throttling their smtp servers. A lot of cpanel hosts
will limit how much email an account can send out per hour and that can
cripple an active mailman list. Just some thoughts.

--
Brian Carpenter
Owner | EMWD&  dotList