[Mailman-Users] bilingual list problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 2 20:28:38 CET 2011

Henry Olders wrote:

>Thank your for your response, Mark. I haven't been able to figure out how to access mm_cfg.py on my web hosting service - I suspect it's not at all accessible to me.

I'm sure that's correct since changes to mm_cfg.py are global and can
be fatal if mistakes are made.

>I've requested dreamhost.com to make the change. Would changing to the iso-8859 option impact other users at dreamhost?

It shouldn't have any negative effects, but it will have effects on the
could cause messages which were previously unencoded to be
quoted-printable (or in the case of utf-8 rather than iso-8859-1,
base64) encoded. This could be visible to users with primitive MUAs.