[Mailman-Users] RELEASED: Mailman 3.0 alpha 7

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sun May 1 01:03:08 CEST 2011

On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:15 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

>Now, on my FreeBSD 8.2 Server, I am eager to try this version out.
>
>I am following the steps.
>
>#bin/test -vv
>[snip]
>test_simple_wrap (mailman.utilities.tests.test_wrap.TestWrap)
> test_two_paragraphs (mailman.utilities.tests.test_wrap.TestWrap)
>  Ran 134 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.581 seconds.
>Tearing down left over layers:
>  Tear down zope.testrunner.layer.UnitTests in 0.000 seconds.
>
>Tests with errors:
>   Layer: mailman.testing.layers.ConfigLayer
>   Layer: mailman.testing.layers.SMTPLayer
>   Layer: mailman.testing.layers.RESTLayer
>Total: 134 tests, 0 failures, 3 errors in 0.831 seconds.

I'm seeing the same failure in a FreeBSD VM, but I don't understand it.  I
needed to install the Python sqlite3 port, and then

$ python -c 'import sqlite3'

works fine.  But this still fails:

$ bin/py
>>> import sqlite3

It doesn't make much sense to me and my FreeBSD VM is pretty bare bones so I'm
having a hard time figuring it out.  My best advice would be to file a bug on
Launchpad and we'll have to see if a FreeBSD expert can help us out.

>mail# bin/docs
>building docs for mailman ---> sphinx-build -q -c
>/usr/local/mailman-3.0.0a7/parts/docs/mailman
>/usr/local/mailman-3.0.0a7/src/mailman /usr/local
>/mailman-3.0.0a7/parts/docs/mailman/build/mailman
>
>Extension error:
>Could not import extension sphinxconf (exception: No module named
>sphinxconf)
>mail#
>
>What might be missing?

Sorry, I don't know this one either, but I can reproduce it. :(

-Barry