[Mailman-Users] Monthly reminder sent twice

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 2 17:23:02 CEST 2011

On 5/1/2011 7:59 AM, Andreas Rittershofer wrote:
> Some of my users are complaining that they receive the monthly reminder twice - and I have no idea what the problem could be.

Either your Mailman installation is sending reminders twice, or some
other backup, test, prior host, whatever Mailman installation is sending
reminders.

The first situation will occur if you install Mailman package that
creates a 'system' crontab (e.g. /etc/cron.d/mailman) for mailman's cron
jobs and you create a 'user' crontab (e.g. /var/spool/cron/mailman) for
mailman's cron jobs.

To see what is happening, you need to get copies of both reminder mails
with all headers intact and examine the Received: headers to determine
where the mail originates.

Also, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/EoCE>.