[Mailman-Users] Mail content arriving as attachments

AEGN info at aegn.org.au
Tue May 3 07:44:07 CEST 2011

We use Mailman 2.1.14 to send mail to a list of about 90 subscribers. There
is an exchange server sitting between us and the outside world. The mail is
arriving in various formats to different mail-clients e.g. an email with
content in the body, including one image, only arrives back to us (Outlook
2003) as an email with a header in the body plus two text attachments (one
with a footer and the other with the email body content) plus one html
attachment (with image and email body content). Sometimes the email arrives
back to us with the email content in the body of the email and not converted
to attachments.  If there are attachments sent these seem to stay as
attachments wherever they go.  To a person external to us the content
arrives as we would want it i.e. in the body of the email.  To another
person external to us using a Mac (Safari?) it arrives with the content in
the email but includes a header and footer.

We'd like the emails to arrive as they are sent i.e. with the content in the
body, and not as attachments.  What settings do I need to adjust to achieve
this?  Thanks.