[Mailman-Users] .py and .pyc files

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Wed May 4 17:59:09 CEST 2011

I made some changes to a .py file and then restarted mailman with

/usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl restart

however, the .pyc file did not get updated as its timestamp didn't change:

# ls -lshtr Mailman/Handlers/Spam*
 6 -rw-r--r--  1 root  mailman   4.4K Apr 24  2010 Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.pyc
 6 -rw-r--r--  1 root  mailman   4.9K May  4 08:58 Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py

the change was simple, just added some text to the Errors.RejectMessage

So, it looks like mm_cfg.py is the only .py that gets recompiled automatically, right? So how do I recompile SpamDetect.py after making my changes?