[Mailman-Users] List domain - was: Mailman list sends but doesn't receive mail.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 8 17:27:02 CEST 2011

JRC Groups wrote:

>I have received some mail from Mailman that looks as follows:
>
>From: mailman-owner at a.main.private (sent by mailman-bounces at domain.com)
>Date: ...
>To: ...
>
>Now that the configuration has been changed should I expect to see the
>domain name where the name of the server appears ? Or is it normal to have
>the server's name appear in some parts of mail sent by Mailman ?

Since the envelope sender (or Sender: header) is
mailman-bounces at domain.com, we know Mailman is using the domain.com
domain. The message Mailman creates will have the domain.com domain in
all Mailman/List addresses.

It is your outgoing MTA that is rewriting the domain of the From:
header to a.main.private.