[Mailman-Users] Digests and multipart/alternative

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 17 16:37:34 CEST 2011

Steve Foster wrote:

>We have a slight oddity where we have list admins who re-send/forward
>announcements and news email to lists... the problem appears to be when
>the source email is encoded base64, the digest and archive emails are not
>readable see below
>
>The sender is using MS Outlook, so if there any quirks there please
>advise.

It is not clear if there is any problem with the incoming message or
not, but assuming it is received 'correctly' by the individual message
subscribers, it's probably OK. Also, I suspect MIME format digests may
be OK.

There may be a problem with the scrubber. What Mailman version is this?
Does the message in the archive look the same as in the plain format
digest? There were scrubber issues fixed around 2.1.5 or 2.1.6 that
could possibly cause this. Are you filtering content? What are the
settings?

If you could send me an exact copy of an entire problem message with
all headers from archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox, I can
investigate further.