[Mailman-Users] Import email.message fails for Mailman 2.1.14 on AIX 5.3

Steve Pogue swpogue at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:35:21 CEST 2011

I'm trying to get Mailman 2.1.14 running on AIX 5.3 using Python 2.6.2.  The
first part of the installation works fine but I'm getting the following
traceback on the update task.  I've also tried running list_lists which had
the same effect.  I am able to go into interactive mode with Python and
invoke the imports without any problems.  Any idea what the issue is here?
TIA,
Steve

# make update
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/update", line 51, in <module>
    from Mailman import MailList
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 51, in <module>
    from Mailman.Archiver import Archiver
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/__init__.py", line 17, in
<module>
    from Archiver import *
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 32, in
<module>
    from Mailman import Mailbox
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 21, in <module>
    import mailbox
  File "/opt/freeware/lib/python2.6/mailbox.py", line 19, in <module>
    import email.message
ImportError: No module named message
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.