[Mailman-Users] Best way to clean old messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 21 05:53:50 CEST 2011

alexander at nautae.eti.br wrote:

>What would be the best way to completely clean/remove old messages?

I don't understand your question.

>I mean, in that way it would be absolutely impossible to resend any
>message already sent?
>
>I have to create an bash script to do that.
>
>Some days ago an ancient message was resent erroneously by a person
>who could do that again, and our policy don't permit this kind of
>mistake.

If you mean some user resent a message to a list which was previously
sent to the same list, and you want to somehow prevent that message
from being accepted by the list, you could add a custom handler (see
<http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>) to compare the Message-Id of each post
to all the Message-Ids in the list's
archives/private/LIST.mbox/LIST.mbox file or to a separately
maintained file or database of post Message-Ids, and not accept a
duplicate.

If you mean something else, please explain in more detail so we can
understand what you mean.