[Mailman-Users] removing a lot of members with incorrect address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 23 17:43:02 CEST 2011

Marc Rengers wrote:

>I've got a list where an other admin has subcribed a lot of members with a dash on the end of the address. Like name at domain.nl- and user at other.com-
>If it were a few I would unsubscribe them manually, but there are around 150....
>
>Is there a way to create a ilst of these wrong addresses and then easily unsubscribe these?

There are a few ways to do this. A somewhat tedious way is to first go
to the admin General Options page and set admin_member_chunksize to a
number > 150 so the next result won't be 'chunked. Then go to the
Membership Management... -> Membership List pages  and enter -$ in the
Find member box and search. and then check the 'unsub' boxes on the
result and Submit Your Changes.

If you have command line access, you could do

bin/list_members LISTNAME | sed '/[^-]$/d' | \
  bin/remove_members -n -N -f - LISTNAME

Give the bin/list_members and bin/remove_members commands witth the
--help option for more info.

Or, if you have a list of the addresses, you could either paste it or
upload it to the Membership Management... -> Mass Removal page.