[Mailman-Users] Real Names on Roster

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon May 23 22:21:09 CEST 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011, Brian Carpenter wrote:

> What change do I need to make to mailman's configuration to allow real names
> to show up on any lists' roster? I did some searching around and did not find
> an answer. I did read one post that stated that some sort of configuration
> setup that allows for this would be implemented in 2.2.

IIRC, this shows up for me, but only if the person subscribed via Email
which of course sends the name along with the Email address in the From
line.  Whether or not it will also allow you to add real names if you add
users as "Firstname Lastname <address at example.com" in the various add
member screens, I don't know.

All this is to say that the names will show up in the Member Name column
if Mailman knows it.

What version of Mailman are you using?

Or are you asking about something like list_members?  I'm assuming you
mean the member list in the web interface.

Geoff.