[Mailman-Users] Mailman keeps forward mail to Unsubscribed member

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 27 08:12:14 CEST 2011

On 5/26/11 1:42 PM, javadev3 wrote:

> I unsubscribed a user from a list because the destination mailbox for that
> user was full. Yet everytime a message is posted to that list, I get a
> bounce notification informing that the address had delivery problems. I've
> looked again at the membership list to make sure the member is not on the
> list and have no idea why list emails keep being forwarded to that address.

Why are bounces coming to you? Are they 'unrecognized' by Mailman?

Does the bounce contain the headers of the original message from
Mailman? If so, look for X-BeenThere: and Received: headers to be sure
the message is coming from the list you think it is.

It is also possible that the address that is bouncing is a forward from
another member address.

San Francisco Bay Area, California    Better use your sense - B. Dylan