[Mailman-Users] setting to use IP address rather than normal URL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 31 06:07:11 CEST 2011

On 5/30/11 1:19 PM, coldbee wrote:

> We are hosting our website on a different web host than the email and Mailman
> mailing lists. This is causing problems with the Admin side of Mailman as
> the DNS servers point to the web site host and not the mail host. I can get
> around it for much of the admin tasks by changing the URL to the IP address
> except for some (i.e. moderating). Is there someplace in Mailman where I can
> input the IP address so it always goes there instead of the normal URL (i.e.
> website.com)?

set

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'

in mm_cfg.py where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address. If there is
already a setting of DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in
mm_cfg.py followed by

just change the DEFAULT_URL_HOST setting. Otherwise see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9>.

In either case, after changing mm_cfg.py, restart Mailman and run
fix_url - see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>.

San Francisco Bay Area, California    Better use your sense - B. Dylan