[Mailman-Users] reboot servers

Khalil Abbas khillo100 at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 20:14:16 CEST 2011

hi,

I have several vps servers with very limited resources running several large mailman lists, n these servers keep stopping from responding n sometimes mailq shows several errors like: too many open files in the system and not enough resourses ... etc.

so every hour I do the following:

mailmanctl stop
postfix stop
reboot

to free up the system resources, and eventually the mailq shows empty n the mail gets delivered..

is that a good thing I’m doing? for I can’t afford to upgrade the hardware, is there a better solution? is there any side effects??

Thanks..