[Mailman-Users] Issues with mailman

Chris Petrik c.petrik.sosa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:48:54 CET 2011

On 11/15/2011 10:35 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Chris Petrik wrote:
>
>> I ran check-perms -f it fixed a couple perms, but did not fix the
>>
>> File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 549, in __save
>>      os.link(fname, fname_last)
>> OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
>>
>> I am not using selinux as the OS is FreeBSD not sure where else to look.
>
> Look in Mailman's lists/LISTNAME/ directory. I think you will see one
> config.pck file, no config.pck.last file and one or more
> config.pck.tmp.* files.
>
> As the Mailman user (_mailman on FreeBSD ?) try to cd to the
> lists/LISTNAME/ directory and for one (or the only) config.pck.tmp.*
> file try
>
> ln config.pck.tmp.whatever config.pck.last
>
> If that fails, figure out why.

Fist off I had to remove the nologin and replace it with csh using chsh
-s csh mailman to su - mailman
or else I get:
hosting# su - mailman
This account is currently not available.
hosting# id mailman
uid=91(mailman) gid=91(mailman) groups=91(mailman),26(mailnull)

Once that was done I was in the root dir: /usr/local/mailman which is fine

hosting# su - mailman
%id
uid=91(mailman) gid=91(mailman) groups=91(mailman)
%ls
Mailman         cron            locks           pending.pck     spam
archives        data            logs            pythonlib       templates
bin             icons           mail            qfiles          tests
cgi-bin         lists           messages        scripts
%pwd
/usr/local/mailman

% cd lists/services-officialunix.com
%ls -l |wc -l
        8
%
%ls -l
total 24
-rw-rw----  1 www      mailman  3792 Nov 15 07:35 config.pck
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  3792 Nov 15 08:03
config.pck.tmp.hosting.officialunix.com.30747
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  3835 Nov 15 08:00
config.pck.tmp.hosting.officialunix.com.74443
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  3792 Nov 15 07:48
config.pck.tmp.hosting.officialunix.com.74445
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  3792 Nov 15 08:00
config.pck.tmp.hosting.officialunix.com.74446
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman   131 Nov 15 07:37 pending.pck
-rw-rw-r--  1 mailman  mailman   599 Nov 15 07:37 request.pck
%ln config.pck.tmp.hosting.officialunix.com.74446 config.pck.last
%ls
config.pck
config.pck.last

Chris