[Mailman-Users] Site admin per mail domain

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Nov 21 15:00:12 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Christian Lerrahn wrote:

> I have noticed that Mailman identifies lists by there names only but
> allows them to run in different mail domains. I realise that I can also
> have different domains and host names for the web interfaces. However,
> what I cannot find out for sure is if a site admin only exists per
> Mailman install or also per mail domain.

Certainly in the regular release Mailman, site admin is per install.  You
could achieve what you want by having multiple Mailman installations, one
per domain.

> Also, is there a trick to have lists test3 at lists.example.net and
> test3 at lists.example.com simultaneously without needing to work with
> aliases somehow?

There is a patch for being able to do this IIRC, but not in stock
unpached Mailman.  Apparently this will be possible in Mainman 3.

Geoff.