[Mailman-Users] mailman on localhost

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 13 09:02:03 CEST 2011

Pedro Sánchez wrote:
>Im trying to test mailman in my local server ( whit local user.
>the problem is that when i'm trying to add a new list whit the email
>address user at localhost mailman not allow me to do that

Correct. Mailman requires that email addresses be qualified with a
domain that contains at least one dot.

>or if i put a
>valid email address like user at domain.com mailman give an error when i'm
>trying to add local user to the list ,

What error?

>local users has a emal address
>like this user at localhost
>some clue?

Try user@[]

If that doesn't work, e.g. because your MTA doesn't accept domain
literals, you can edit the definition of the ValidateEmail(s) function
in Mailman/Utils.py to remove or comment the two lines

    if len(domain_parts) < 2:
        raise Errors.MMBadEmailError, s