[Mailman-Users] postfix+mailman - User unknown in virtualmailboxtable

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 2 16:46:20 CEST 2011

J. Bakshi wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 06:56:28 -0700
>Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>
>> J. Bakshi wrote:
>> >
>> >POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['list.infoservices.in']
[...]
>[1] I have dedicated domain for mailman, but I have removed the
> postfix_to_mailman.py related part from master.cf
>
>[2] I have added the mailman domain at mydestination.
>
>Now after restarting postfix I can send mail without any error. Though don't know
>how logiacl is to add the domain at mydestination. The mm_cfg.py is untouched

It's fine to have the list domain in mydestination. It simplifies
things and the only reason not to is if it is a virtual domain for
non-Mailman reasons.

>Please note there is no /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman here.

Then there are no lists with hostname 'list.infoservices.in' or you
didn'r run Mailman's bin/genaliases after adding

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['list.infoservices.in']

to mm_cfg.py. However, you now don't want or need that anyway.

>Now the problem is I get email error as
>
>``````````````
>Command died with status 2:
>    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request typo3". Command output: Failure to
>    exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 65533.

This is a group mismatch error. Postfix is invoking the
/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman wrapper with GID 65533 and the wrapper
is configured to expect GID 67.

First, the owner of the /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db file should be
the Mailman user. Postfix will invoke the wrapper with user = the
owner of the file (the .db file) in which it found the alias and group
= that users primary group. This group must match what the wrapper is
compiled or otherwize configured to expect. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/tYA9> for more on group mismatch errors.