[Mailman-Users] postfix+mailman - User unknown in virtualmailboxtable

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Fri Sep 2 17:07:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 07:46:20 -0700
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> J. Bakshi wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 06:56:28 -0700
> >Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> [...]
> >[1] I have dedicated domain for mailman, but I have removed the
> > postfix_to_mailman.py related part from master.cf
> >
> >[2] I have added the mailman domain at mydestination.
> >
> >Now after restarting postfix I can send mail without any error. Though don't know
> >how logiacl is to add the domain at mydestination. The mm_cfg.py is untouched
>

> It's fine to have the list domain in mydestination. It simplifies
> things and the only reason not to is if it is a virtual domain for
> non-Mailman reasons.
>

> >Please note there is no /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman here.
>

> Then there are no lists with hostname 'list.infoservices.in' or you
> didn'r run Mailman's bin/genaliases after adding
>
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['list.infoservices.in']
>

> to mm_cfg.py. However, you now don't want or need that anyway.
>

> >Now the problem is I get email error as
> >
> >``````````````
> >Command died with status 2:
> >    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request typo3". Command output: Failure to
> >    exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 65533.
> >````````````
>

> This is a group mismatch error. Postfix is invoking the
> /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman wrapper with GID 65533 and the wrapper
> is configured to expect GID 67.
>
> First, the owner of the /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db file should be
> the Mailman user. Postfix will invoke the wrapper with user = the
> owner of the file (the .db file) in which it found the alias and group
> = that users primary group. This group must match what the wrapper is
> compiled or otherwize configured to expect. See the FAQ at
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/tYA9> for more on group mismatch errors.

Again many many thanks for your cool clarification. I have executed now

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases and now I have

-rw-rw---- 1 root mailman 1762 Sep  2 16:57 /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

hope the ownership is not an issue.

regarding /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db permission issue; it is already set to mailman

-rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 12288 Sep  2 16:57 /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db

Still group 65533 which is nobody group is called !!!