[Mailman-Users] Send parameters to build a personalized unsubscribe link

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 28 17:00:50 CEST 2011

On 9/27/2011 7:00 AM, Pablo García Ojeda wrote:

>  1. How I can customize mailman for the unsubscribe link does not point to the mailman gui but a url of my app where they can automatically unsubscribe?
>
>  2. A phplist can be given custom attributes of each member subscribed, that they can be used within the body of emails for personalize them. This makes me rather badly needed to implement the previous step, because the automatic unsubscribe can not just like "http://url/unsubscribe/id_member, because any robot could eliminate the entire database simply doing for member = 1 to all_members => curl http://url/unsubscribe/member. So I need the url of the unsubscribe link is like http://url/unsubscribe?id = (md5 of the combination of various parameters of that particular subscriber).

If you would be satisfied with a footer with a personalized unsubscribe
link on only individual messages and not on digests (because Mailman
doesn't personalize digests), you can do all except the hash with
standard Mailman. See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/UYA9> and
<http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9> for more information and caveats.

In order to add the hash, you would need to hack the
Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py module to calculate the hash and add an
additional replacement for it to the "extra personalization dictionary".