[Mailman-Users] separate advertised option for web and mail

Tomas Macek macek at fortech.cz
Fri Sep 30 15:29:34 CEST 2011

I'm using Mailman 2.1.12 from the distribution package of Scientific Linux
6.1. I found in source code, that when 'advertised = 1' and if server's
hostname is eqal to the configured url, the mailing list name appears in
web interface. But also the mailing list is present in the mail, when
someone asks what mailling lists are on this machine.

I would like to have an option to be able to advertise the list on the web
page and
separate option to advertise the mailing list via email, because I don't
want to publish the mailing list names to the mail and still want to be
able to manage them on the web interface.

Is there anything new in newer Mailman versions? First look at the
changelog did not helped.

Tomas