[Mailman-Users] inn gateway

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Apr 1 00:59:11 CEST 2012

On 3/31/2012 2:31 PM, jdd wrote:

> is it normal to have this behavior (double to in the answer)? Previously
> the system was managed by ezmlm and we didn'"t have this problem (but I
> didn't manage it, so may be the other admin fixed something)

I have no idea what ezmlm or your ezmlm<=>news gateway may have done. I
know no details of ezmlm at all.

> could this also be a thunderbird bug?

It is normal for messages in newsgroups to have a Newsgroups: header
with the name of the group. RFC 5536 and its predecessors, RFCs 1036 and
1849 require it.

I don't know what version of T'bird you are using, but with T'bird 11.0
and 11.0.1, at least as configured on my workstations, if I 'Reply' to a
message containing the headers: