[Mailman-Users] Cancelling new subscriber notifications

runner at winning.com runner at winning.com
Tue Apr 17 21:34:57 CEST 2012

Running mailman 2.1.9

 Someone set up a legit list with 35,000 subscribers and they accidentally checked the box to send out subscribe notifications. So now there are 35,000 emails going to users telling them they are new members of this list. I went in and changed the list settings but it's too late. Is there any way I can stop mailman from finishing sending out subscribe notifications? It will probably take hours to get through the entire list. I can't find anything. I am going to check to see if I can do anything in postfix but thought I'd try one last ditch effort here in the mailman forum.

 --Rick--