[Mailman-Users] multiple footers accumulating on messages asdiscussion progresses - how to eliminate all but the last mailman footer?

David dave at fiteyes.com
Fri Apr 20 20:52:56 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Stephen has just replied with most of what I was going to add to this,
> so I'll let you digest that, and if you need more specific coding or
> regexp help, let us know.
>

> Mark, Stephen: yes, you both gave me a lot of useful info again. It was
very tempting to pursue the regex solution, but I think we are going to try
the simplest solution first. We will eliminate the 'instant, no
confirmation required' unsubscribe link in footer and then see how our
members deal with other unsubscribe options.

I like the following Mailman options page:

%(web_page_url)soptions/%(list_name)s

A footer link to this page may work well because it has a clearly visible
unsubscribe option.

This leads to two questions:

1. Where is the html template for this options page? It is not one of the
items found at "Edit the public HTML pages and text files". (The only
related template I see is for the page that is shown *after* logging in to
the above page.)

2. Where is the text for the unsubscribe confirmation message so we can
customize that?

Thank you for all the help.