[Mailman-Users] Mailman stop working...help!

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Mon Apr 23 02:39:01 CEST 2012

On Apr 22, 2012, at 7:31 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>>
>> I was using mailman with postfix, then reading nice things about
>> vpostmaster, i decided set it up to manage my user mail accounts. After
>> setup, my mailman stopped delivering mails. Its returns with the error
>> message below:

> So you replaced your Postfix MTA with some other MTA and you didn't
> teach the new MTA how to deliver to Mailman.
>
> Fixing this is a question for vPostMaster. It is not a Mailman issue
> per se, and various HowTo documents relating to configuring Mailman
> with Postfix are not going to help as long as you are using
> vPostMaster as your incoming MTA.
>
> Whatever MTA is listening on port 25 of your Mailman server has to be
> configured to deliver list mail to Mailman. I'd be surprised if anyone
> on this list is using vPostMaster as an MTA, thus it is unlikely you
> can get help here.

It looks like vPostMaster is actually a package with management front end for installing/configuring Postfix and other stuff like ClamAV and SpamAssassin. Since he apparently had a working Postfix configuration, I suspect vPostMaster clobbered the configuration with something that knows nothing about Postfix.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
http://www.stonejongleux.com/