[Mailman-Users] Mailman stop working...help!

Dennis Carr dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net
Mon Apr 23 06:24:18 CEST 2012

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

>> Technical details of permanent failure:
>> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
>> domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
>> information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
>> returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <mailman at lists.mydomain.net>: Recipient
>> address rejected: No such domain. (state 14).

That's not a mailman issue.

Did some research, and RFC 1893 notes this about this type of error (the
clue is the 5.7.1 error):

  X.7.1   Delivery not authorized, message refused

           The sender is not authorized to send to the destination.
           This can be the result of per-host or per-recipient
           filtering.  This memo does not discuss the merits of any
           such filtering, but provides a mechanism to report such.
           This is useful only as a permanent error.

In short, it isn't Mailman, it's the MTA.  Focus there.

-Dennis