[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: Mailman stop working...help! (Progress?)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:00:31 CEST 2012

Hello Mark, All

Thanks for all the help and i am sorry for coming back again as i am yet to
get this to work... I have redone the transport, here is my new postconf
-n  (now using mail.mydomain.net this time)

admin at mydomain:~$ sudo postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
config_directory = /etc/postfix
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
inet_interfaces = all
mail_name = MAIL SERVER
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mydestination = localhost.mydomain.net, localhost
myhostname = mail.mydomain.net
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128
myorigin = /etc/mailname
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost =
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
permit_sasl_authenticated       check_policy_service
unix:private/vpm-pfpolicy      reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_use_tls = yes
virtual_mailbox_domains = pgsql:/etc/postfix/vpm-domains
virtual_transport = vpm-pftransport

However, when i created a list, i got the warn message
warning: removing zero-length database file:
/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db
my /etc/postfix/transport, has this single entry   :  mail.mydomain.net
mailman:

When i try to send my first mail to the list, i still got a feed back of no
such domain! Its really frustrating, especially when its probably a comment
or word that i am missing. kindly help

Regards

*Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye Ekiti