[Mailman-Users] A quick couple of questions regarding "From", "Sender" and Gmail

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Mon Dec 10 22:41:14 CET 2012

I'm trying to reply to a comment from a Mailman list subscriber on a
list I manage, and have a couple of questions which someone might be
able to answer quickly, or post me a link, much faster than I can
research the matter.

At what header fields an an email (From, Sender, Reply-to) does Mailman
2.1.15 look when determining if an email is from a list subscriber and
what's the algorithm it uses, if other than a simple OR of the
addresses?

What are the known issues with Gmail and Mailman, especially those which
might result in an email being silently dropped on the floor?  A
reference to an existing thread or article would be helpful.

--
Lindsay Haisley       |  "We are all broken toasters, but we still
FMP Computer Services |    manage to make toast"