[Mailman-Users] Filtering Mail with Regexes: Possible? [SOLVED]

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 22:04:50 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>> Tom Browder wrote:
>>>I would like to be able to filter message bodies and put a hold for
>>>approval on those with html links in them to try to catch address book
>>>Is that possible?
>> Yes, but not via the standard configuration. You need to implement a
>> custom handler <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>. That FAQ contains a
>> skeleton example MyHandler.py which does what you ask and more.

Mark, I tried it and it works great!

I think the FAQ title needs to mention "filter" or "regex" because the
existing title ("How do I implement a custom handler in Mailman?")
didn't ring that bell for me (my bad, but I have to live with it).

I tried to do some editing in the FAQs but, even after I established
an account and I logged in, I couldn't find the way to do it, so I'll
keep hunting around.

Best regards,

-Tom