[Mailman-Users] Image orientation in scrubbed attachments

malgosia askanas ma at panix.com
Sat Feb 11 03:02:46 CET 2012

Mark, thank you very much for your help, which got me on the right track.  Indeed, the problem is that iPad photos, even when they are taken with a portrait orientation, always carry Exif data that claim a landcape orientation.  Web browsers and many mail clients orient pictures according to the Exif information.  So, to make a long story short, if I remove the incorrect Exif orientation-info from those pictures before sending them to Mailman, they display correctly after scrubbing.

Thanks again,
-malgosia