[Mailman-Users] digest-mode not functioning properly

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 11 03:40:59 CET 2012

Lluis Montoliu wrote:

>the two large list are not sending any digest-mode, with the exact
>same settings, even if I decrease the value to 256 or if I trigger
>sending a new digest dispatch right now, which does not happen. I'm
>totally amazed. I've seen the archives of mailman and, unfortunately,
>the problems with digest-mode appear to be rather common, many reports
>found, but not really solutions, at least, I could not find the one
>that will fix my bug.

There is almost certainly a message or messages in the
lists/LISTNAME/digest.mbox files for these lists that is causing an
exception to be thrown in the scrubber in it's attempt to process the
digest.

Ask the hosting provider to look for relevant error messages and
tracebacks in Mailman's error log.

You may have to have the hosting provider just move the
lists/LISTNAME/digest.mbox files aside and abandon the current
accumulated digests if the hosting provider can't do anything more
selective to find and fix the offending messages.